Breaking a School Desk

I hate and despise bullies. I know, and remember, what it is to be bullied. At one time in my life like all children I went through a puny stage in my growth plus I was different - I had real ginger hair, a different accent, and I called my father "Daddy" etc. Sometime between the age of 10 and 11 years of age [unbeknown to myself] I filled out and became quite big for my age. It would be about a year before this photo was taken with my brother, Keith.
Well one early summer weekend Mum & Dad took us to Clevedon, in Somerset, in real sunny weather and I got sunburnt on my shoulders. On Monday, back at school, one of the bullies realised that I had very painful shoulders and took it upon himself to rub my shoulders and increase that hurt and distress. Big mistake! the worm turned! I pivoted around and threw the perfect right hook with my hip rotating and shoulder following. The punch caught the bully on the ear and propelled him so hard that he broke the school desk from the cast iron frame. My knuckles were painful but not half as much as that bully's ear, head, and reputation. I was marched up to the Headmaster, Mr.Everhard, who decided that I was to be given six-of-the-best with a cane in front of the school as an example. But I tell you, it was worth it, my reputation was secure and spread far and wide, I was the guy who hit a bloke so hard it broke a desk! My repute went with me from St.John's School in Bath to St.Brendan's in Bristol. I never forgot what it was to be bullied, the mental part is the worst, and I detest, abhor, and hate bullies with a passion. I became a defender of those being bullied so chaps like Robert Elphick, an epileptic, or Norbert Chylewski, a Polish refugee, became my school friends.
Right now I wish that I could break another desk for I am consumed with an incandescent rage at the bully tactics of this government in the United Kingdom. A more despicable bunch of bullies and w----rs you could not find if you scoured the lowlife premises on purpose. One of their latest acts is to cause the following headline:
War vet faces blindness and his disabled wife a care home after NHS drug rationing.
If this is not bullying of the worst kind then what is it? It is a fact that those on low incomes, the vulnerable, the disadvantaged etc. are now far worse off.
My blog is supposed to reflect our love of life and I should not be writing such bitter thoughts but unfortunately life is not always a bed of roses. Tina and I see a child smile or another Granny hug her Grandaughter and life looks good again.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AN ISLAND NATION

Where You Stand and Prejudice (2016)

I was called a Flat Earther