1955 was a good year.

1955 was a good year, a very good year, I met the girl of my dreams and I met my very best friend. The girl became my wife [and is still the girl of my dreams] and John Hopkins is still my best mate over half a century on. I mentioned John in Velia & Al's blog in July but didn't put any pictures so here's a couple.
The b&w picture was taken late 1955/early 1956 and is John and I serving as apprentices on board the m/v "Fresno City" a tramp ship doing the usual round the world voyage taking in all continents and all oceans.
What makes a best friend? First of a person you can trust with your life [and had to at times], secondly someone you can share close thoughts with, and thirdly someone you can share a whole lot of laughs with and the days then shine and you remember them.
Bear in mind it was no piece of cake, we were 17 years of age but doing a man's job. Neither of us would change it and would do it all again.
It was only natural that John would be my best man. Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AN ISLAND NATION

Where You Stand and Prejudice (2016)

I was called a Flat Earther